Dear Valued Patient,
The office of Dr. Michael J. Reid is monitoring and assessing the evolving risk that COVID-19 poses to our patients and staff. During this global pandemic, we are committed to minimizing the transmission to our patients and staff.
We are now seeing patients in-person for testing only after a telemedicine appointment consultation with Dr. Reid or Janel Liverato PA-C. Please call or email us if you are interested in a telemedicine appointment. If you are experiencing acute symptoms such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, we can direct you to a more appropriate facility for care if you are assessed to be possibly ill with COVID-19.
We plan to start administering allergy shots every Tuesday/Wednesday from 8am-3pm starting May 12th BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS. Please email us to schedule an appointment for your allergy shots.
- All patients' shot doses will be decreased by at least 50% to minimize the risk for systemic allergic reactions.
- This lower dose will remain your "maintenance" dose for now, which will last you about 6 weeks.
- This is a temporary, yet necessary change we need to make in order to accommodate all of our allergy shot patients, minimize risk for reactions, and minimize the number of in-person office visits at this time.
- We highly recommend that you take an oral antihistamine like Zyrtec, Xyzal, or Allegra 1-2 hours before your allergy shots to help minimize the risk of having an allergic reaction.
Following the CDC recommendations as well as the order from the mayor of San Francisco, we are adopting the following visit restrictions:
- It is MANDATORY for patients to come in wearing a mask which covers your nose and mouth, and is to be worn through the duration of your visit with us.
- The patient should come alone; no visitors are allowed.
- For a patient who is a minor, only one parent or guardian may accompany the patient.
Office phone number: 415-788-4128. Email: email@example.com
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE WITH US DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME. YOUR KIND WORDS AND ENCOURAGEMENT MEANS SO MUCH TO US. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL SOON AND TRANSITIONING BACK TO OUR NORMAL SOON.
The Office of Dr. Michael J. Reid