Have you ever gotten hives after eating shellfish? Did your child have difficulty breathing after eating a nut mix? Have all your friends started avoiding wheat and gluten and you wonder if you should to? Does your mouth get itchy or tingly when you eat certain fruits or vegetables? Do you get recurrent abdominal pain? Have you been afraid to eat certain foods because someone told you youíre allergic?
We can help you figure out if you truly have a food allergy.
On your first visit, which is typically 1 hour, we will do the following:
- Get a detailed history of your food allergy symptoms
- Perform a focused physical exam
- Complete an allergy skin test, looking for reactions to various foods, including nuts, shellfish, eggs, wheat, milk, soy, many fruits and vegetables, and more. (Click here for a complete list)
- Consider additional blood work to assess the likelihood of a severe allergic reaction or gluten intolerance
- Discuss a detailed plan of action to successfully avoid problem foods
- Equip you with medication and a plan of action in case a severe allergic reaction occurs
Donít risk ending up in the emergency room. Even if the allergic reactions have been mild in the past, the next one could be life-threatening. Call us today to find out what foods you or your child are allergic to.