Insurance and Payments
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield of California
- First Health
- Health Net
- United Healthcare
- Brown & Toland Medical Group
- Hills Physician Medical Group
Please note we do not accept MediCal Plans
Your complete understanding of your financial responsibilities is an important element of the physician-patient relationship. Please read this carefully and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our staff.
- Full payment is due at the time of service for copays, deductibles, and coinsurance. For your convenience we accept cash, personal check, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). The Practice is required to collect these based on your benefits contract and the Practice’s contractual agreement with your insurance carrier.
- It is your responsibility to provide the Practice with current, accurate insurance information at the time of check in and notify the Practice of any changes in this information.
- If you do not have medical insurance, payment for services is required at the time of the visit. Self –pay patients are given a 20% discount on all services.
- If you have Medicare Part B you are responsible for your Medicare deductible and your 20% coinsurance.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to ensure that an authorization and/or referral is obtained prior to your appointment if required by your insurance (ex. Tricare, HMO plans). For insurance plans that require referrals or authorization, if we do not have a valid referral on file for your scheduled appointment, your appointment will either be rescheduled or you will be asked to pay for services in full until the referral is obtained and payment is received by your carrier. Prior authorization or referral is not a guarantee of payment. Patients are responsible for any bills not paid by your insurance carrier.
- Checks written to the Practice that are canceled or returned for non-sufficient funds results are assessed a $30 fee.